We are always on the lookout for caring professionals who can help us serve our families better. Even if we do not have specific positions posted below, we are honored to accept your cover letter and resumé. Please click here to email us and include the type of position you are interested in being considered for.
We will keep your resumé on file for six months, and if a position that matches your qualifications becomes available, we will consider you for the position.
Available Position: Funeral Associate
Gaffney Funeral Home, Pierce County’s oldest funeral services company, was founded by Conrad Hoska in 1883. His tradition of caring for families began in those early days of the Washington Territory and was built on helping families to remember and say goodbye. Those same early traditions of caring for those that called on him continue today at our downtown office.
It is no secret that the backbone of our success is our dedicated, professional staff. Our goal is for all of our associates to work together to provide a seamless experience for each family, from the time of prearrangements, to at-need services, to the selection of markers and monuments, and into the time of aftercare.
We are seeking several helpful, compassionate and dependable people to join our team. The ideal candidates are those who have strong customer service skills, and have some extra time during the week they would like to fill. This position is primarily responsible to provide assistance to our Licensed Funeral Directors during funeral, memorial or graveside ceremonies. This is a unique opportunity to become an important member of our team of professionals serving client families in a family owned funeral home environment while still enjoying the benefits of a part time schedule. To be clear and to avoid misunderstanding, this is a PART TIME position that is best suited for someone who would like to work 3-15 times a month on a PART TIME basis.
Please email a short letter describing why you think you would be the ideal candidate for this position, along with your current resume which shows how your skills are the right match for us. Candidates will be selected based on strength of your application, interview(s) and overall *WOW* factor. Please be aware if we receive an application missing some of the above mentioned items, your application will not be considered.
Tasks Typical of a Funeral Associate:
1. Preparing with Lead Funeral Director for the scheduled service
2. Greeting of funeral guests
3. Participating in the ceremony as directed
4. Transportation of personnel and equipment, while maintaining optimum levels of customer relations and satisfaction.
1. Possession of a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record is required.
2. You will need to obtain a Driver’s License Abstract from the Department of Licensing for your Driver’s License.
3. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. A Funeral Associate will also perform other reasonably-related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required.
* Competitive wage of $15 to $19 per/hr
* Participation in company service bonus pool